I am an Assistant Professor of Information Systems at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. I am also a faculty affiliate for research in the Regenstreif Center for Healthcare Engineering at Purdue University. Prior to joining UMBC, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Miami University. I completed a Ph.D. in Computational Sciences from Marquette University. I received my B.Sc. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Bangladesh and M.Sc. degree in Computational Sciences from Marquette University, USA.
My research centers in an interest in contributing to a deeper understanding of the context in big data ubiquitous computing environment. My research interests include artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, ubiquitous computing, indoor localization, and human activity recognition. The foundation of my research has applied the knowledge from computer science, applied mathematics, and statistics.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
I am currently looking for motivated Ph.D. students to join our lab, Causal Artificial Intelligence Lab (CAIL). If you are interested please reach out to me at mogani [at] umbc [dot] edu.
- October, 2020. Our paper on Causal Estimation Framework available on ArXiv.
- October, 2020. Our paper on Oxygen Therapy presented at CHEST.
- August, 2020. Excited to join IS@UMBC!
- February, 2020. Talk at UMBC, Miami University, Western Washington University.
- December, 2020. Talk at University of Indianapollis.
- November, 2019. Presented paper at BuildSys 2019.
- August, 2019. One paper accepted to BuildSys 2019.
- July, 2019. Co-chairing the first Artificat Evaluation at PerCom 2020.
- July, 2019. Co-chairing the first workshop on integrated smart healthcare (WISH) at COMPSAC 2019.
- May, 2019. One journal paper accepted to JNCA, Elsevier.
What a long strage trip it’s been…